1. After watching the ads on the Business Research Methods Online Learning Center, take the Learn and Live quiz. Take a position on the tracking of individuals taking the quiz as a measure of direct response of the ad’s effectiveness; defend your pos..
1. Build the management-research question hierarchy for Ramada.
2. Apply the research process model to the Ramada research initiative.
a. Explain the role and process of exploration in Ramada’s research. What role did secondary data play in the expl..
1. Build the management-research question hierarchy for this opportunity.
2. Evaluate the appropriateness of the exploratory stage of the research design.
3. Evaluate the sampling strategy.
4. Evaluate the survey:
a. In terms of structure, what is t..
1. Build the management-research question hierarchy, through the investigative questions stage. Then compare your list with the measurement questions asked.
2. Given the research question, how appropriate were the measurement questions?
3. Describe t..
1. Build the management-research question hierarchy.
2. Discuss the communication methodology chosen.
3. Develop the preliminary analysis plan.
4. How will you deal with the 16 percent of the sample who are new to the software?
5. Discuss the advanta..
1. Create the management-research question hierarchy for USTA.
2. Define the sample parameters for the 2003 Tennis Participation Study.
3. Discuss the sample design for the 2003 Tennis Participation Study.
4. What are the pros and cons of using the..
1. Define the sample parameters for the Troy-Bilt/Marcus Thomas study.
2. Discuss the sample design for the Troy-Bilt/Marcus Thomas study.
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the control group to test the hypothesis?
4. Evaluate the measu..
1. Describe the research design for Consumer Direct.
2. Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the research design.
3. How has the use of panels affected the research design?
4. How have ethical issues influenced the research design?
5. Define the v..
1. Detail the overall research design in the Ohio Lottery case. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this design?
2. Evaluate the MET process (Exhibit OL-1). What are some of the strengths and weaknesses of the MET technique?
3. What measurem..
1. Develop a focus group discussion guide for the research described above.
a. What topics should be discussed in what order?
b. What pretasking exercises might be relevant?
c. What exercises might you use during the focus group?
2. Evaluate the u..
1. Develop the Management Research Question hierarchy through investigative questions for this project.
2. Using the research process model (Exhibit 4-1), describe and evaluate the research design of this project.
3. Describe and evaluate the sampli..
1. Discuss the potential conflicts between researcher (Catalyst) and research user (Smith Barney).
2. What constructs and concepts are inherent in this study?
3. What are the ethical considerations in this study?
4. Speculate on how the researcher..
1. Discuss the value of this longitudinal research design. What issues does this case reveal that longitudinal studies must address?
2. Researchers are increasingly asked for more than data displays; they are asked for recommendations. Choose one sta..
1. How did ODO operationally define an adult with a disability? What arguments could you make that the definition was too inclusive or too narrow?
2. Analyze the research design’s various components. Identify any potential problems and explain the ra..
1. How would you operationally define the construct of respect? Take the perspective of each of the three client sectors: insurance, air travel, and retail.
2. Map the overall design of the research described here.
A. What types of studies were invol..