1. Identify the various constructs and concepts involved in the study.
2. What hypothesis might drive the research of one of the cities on the top 10 dangerous intersection list?
3. Evaluate the methodology for State Farm’s research.
4. If you were S..
1. If you had been McLaughlin or Decker, what research would you want done?
2. Create the Management-Research Question hierarchy for the research you think might help the Red Cross make decisions related to public relations efforts and future adverti..
1. Map the research design used by Donatos for new product development.
2. Evaluate the WASSUP meetings as an exploratory methodology to help define the research question.
3. Evaluate the test market Donatos used. What were its pros and cons?
1. What are the independent and dependent variables in this study?
2. What are some of the intervening, extraneous, and moderating variables that the study attempted to control with its 10-nation design?
3. What is the impact on the study results of ..
1. What types of research were done at each stage? Discuss the strengths of each different type given the stage of the project.
2. Build the management-research question hierarchy for this project.
3. Discuss the choice of an online survey to assess ..
1. Which of the four types of studies are presented in this case?
2. Evaluate the research that HeroBuilders.com conducted prior to launching its hero and villain action figures using the criteria in Exhibit 1-5.
3. What issues other than those Vic..
A bank classifies borrowers as high risk or low risk.
Only 15% of its loans are made to those in the high risk category. Of all its loans, 5% are in default, and 40% of those in default were made to high-risk borrowers.
What is the probability that a..
A bank executive is presented with loan applications from 10 people. The profiles of the applicants are similar, except that 5 are minorities and 5 are not minorities.In the end the executive approves 6 of the applications. If these 6 approvals are c..
A bank holds 720 delinquent mortgages in residential properties. It required an estimate of the mean current appraised value of these properties. Initially, a random sample of 20 was appraised, and a sample standard deviation of $37,600 was found. If..
A basketball team’s star 3-point shooter takes six 3-point shots in a game. Historically, she makes 40% of all 3-point shots taken in a game. State at the outset what assumptions you have made.
a. Find the probability that she will make at least two ..
A beer distributor claims that a new display featuring a life-size picture of a well-known rock singer will increase product sales in supermarkets by an average of 50 cases in a week. For a random sample of 20 high volume liquor outlets, the average ..
A bond analyst was given a list of 12 corporate bonds. From that list she selected 3 whose ratings she felt were in danger of being downgraded in the next year. In actuality, a total of 4 of the 12 bonds on the list had their ratings downgraded in th..
A broadcasting executive is reviewing the prospects for a new television series. According to his judgment, the probability is 0.25 that the show will achieve a rating higher than 17.8, and the probability is 0.15 that it will achieve a rating higher..